Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Adair County Is Missing out

I was thinking as I was driving today. There are a lot of miles to do a lot of thinking.

I was thinking about how Adair County is missing out. I have been out in the western states for about 2 weeks now and I have visited and stayed at some amazing places.

Some of the places I camped were not "manned" campgrounds. I camped on some beautiful lakes and yet I can't camp on our own Green River Lake.

Why we can't camp on Green River Lake is beyond me. For instance at Lake Freemont there were no attendants. What you did was take an envelope at the front of the park and fill it out, where you were camping, what you were in, your license #, etc. Then you deposited the camping fee in the envelope and drop it in the fee box. You tore off a piece of the envelope which had matching #'s and you attached it to your campsite or to the windsheild of your vehicle.

Sometime the next day a Ranger came by and verified the information.

Why Green River Lake can't do this is beyond me. I can't understand why more people aren't upset that they aren't allowed to use a lake in their own back yards.

No comments: