Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Homeward Bound

We drove a lot today, we left New Mexico and stopped at a lot of souvenier and tourist trap places and then hit the texas panhandle. Below is a photo of AAaron at the entrance to the good ole state of Texas.



Along the way I saw a sign that said exit 112 or something like that, Largest cross in the Western Hemisphere. I had to stop. It was AWESOME. This cross is huge and not only do they have that, but they have many figures of Christ from his appearance before Pilate to the cross.


I took this photo of the statue of Jesus on the cross, with the sun setting behind him. It was truly amazing. The whole place gives you cold chills. Their was also a statue of the roman soldier nailing him to the cross, it was very hard to look at. The artist did a great job of capturing Jesus' anguish and agony when on the cross.
The whole area around the big cross and all of the statues of Jesus was amazing. When I was walking there I felt that everything in the world would be okay, it would all turn out as God intended.

I could have stayed there a lot longer.

If you go through Texas, you must stop here.
I hope to breathe Adair County air by late tomorrow or Thursday.

I'll be posting a trip wrap-up and a budget after that. :)

No comments: